jeudi 5 septembre 2013

De do do do, de da da da

The Police, De do do do, de da da da

No Papoï does not says any word yet. Nope, none I can recognise for sure. Not even Papa or Mama. 

However, he speaks, laughs, and screams a lot. We have a loud happy baby: the happier, the louder.  Although I keep signing with him, he does not repeat any sign either. He is also using body language a lot. He is pointing to show objects or food he wants.


Moreover, he does understand what is said to him in French, in English and in German. I am amazed how easy it seems for him. If I say: "Are you hungry? Do you want to go to the kitchen for lunch?" He gets up and walk to the kitchen. "Arms up to pull your T-shirts" works to. 



Since he does not speak, he uses different ways of communicating with us. Lately, he went to his bedroom, picked up his comfort blanket and once Doudou saw him went back to his bedroom = time to go to sleep Papa. When he is hungry, he goes to the kitchen and grab his high chair. Or, he picked up his bib and brought it to Doudou as a sign: Papa food now! 

He is clapping his hands when he is happy, achieves something, or hears me say Bravo. 
He is throwing toys at us (I hope he meant to give them with force) to play (how cool!), or at his grand-parents in the computer screen (less cool). 
During our bed ritual, we sing before putting him to bed, since a few days he is pointing toward his bed: Stop singing Papa and Mama: (your singing is terrible) I am tired, time to sleep. We don't have any fuss at sleep or nap time anymore. He is happy and smiling when we put him to bed. Lucky us. (Would be wonderful if he would sleep past 5 am.)

I am guessing he may say "JA" yes in German. My problem is that if he says more words in English or German, I just don't get them. 


Time will tell, until then, I am happy Papoï is finding his own communicating system. 


Don't think me unkind
Words are hard to find
They're only cheques I've left unsigned
From the banks of chaos in my mind
And when their eloquence escapes me
Their logic ties me up and rapes me

De do do do, de da da da

Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
Their innocence will pull me through
De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da

They're meaningless and all that's true

Poets, priests and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for your submission
And no one's jamming their transmission
'Cos when their eloquence escapes you
Their logic ties you up and rapes you

De do do do, de da da da

Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
Their innocence will pull me through
De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
They're meaningless and all that's true

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire